Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Back in the Saddle

I went to WW today. They are starting a push "Lose For Good." For the next 7 weeks, WW will match weight loss and give food to the poor. According to the reader, 1.5 billion are overweight on this planet Earth and 300,000 million are underfed. I can't swear by the statistics, since I'm no good at numbers. But I do remember that underfed are less than overfed. When did this happen?

I have been listening to a book on tape that says that we have all been trained like Pavlov's dogs to respond to sugary/fatty foods. Our brain neurons have actually been rewired to crave and respond to the things that are not good for us. When did this happen?

Our young women brought Niel over cookies to thank him for his service at church. The cookies were as big as both of my hands put together. Cookies used to be small enough to be held in Lil' Pete's hand. When did this happen?

I used to be a wisp of a willow girl and now I'm shaped like my Mom. When did this happen?

Wish me luck. I plan to journal 5/7 days this week and exercise 4/7. I hope to have some weight loss that can feed some person in a poorer part of the planet than I.

1 comment:

  1. Johanna! You know that Laurel and I are on this very trek with you! We heard about this Lose for Good Thursday night at our meeting. I would like to take some food each week to the bin we have outside our class space, but I better lay off the Spam, no! LOL!

    Since I'm a guy I can brag without shame that I am down 7.8 since I began. I'm already starting to feel better!

    I won't ask how you are doing, but I will cheer! For exercise, we are adding indoor dancing and an indoor walking tape as the days get colder and getting to the path gets a little more difficult. We will walk around our neighborhood occasionally as well.

    You go! I'm on your side!

    ReplyDelete