Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Last Supper

Okay. I have a date in mind to climb back in the saddle and back on track. It is a week from now. And the oddest thing happens when you are anticipating controlling your eating. I've heard it referred to the "Last Supper" syndrome. It is where you find yourself eating uncontrollably because tomorrow "We diet!"

Well, that's not exactly what's happening here, but the past few weeks have been as food filled for me as the holiday season. My son's wedding complete with wedding cake (it was wonderful, by the way), a trip out of town (where they served 2 warm chocolate chip cookies on each flight and I had a total of 4 flights due to connections), celebrating birthdays (two friends in one day).

And right now I feel so full I feel as if I could never eat again. Now why can't I keep that feeling? Wouldn't it be wonderful?

Tomorrow, thankfully, looks like it will be a normal, no celebration, day. It's about time.

1 comment:

  1. When Kelly was just a little baby, we decided one day that we would give him another day on his bottle and then we were going to take it from him. We had never told him (him speaking goo gaa and all) but that day he hit the bottle like crazy, wanted it every two seconds it seemed, and then the day we took it away, he was totally cool with that!

    Weird! This writing reminded me of that!

    ReplyDelete